In the last byte, we looked at horizontal linkage as a means of integration. In today's byte, we define 6 dimensions of organizational design:
- Formalization - the degree to which the organization has official rules, regulations and procedures
- Centralization - the degree to which decisions are made at the top of the organization
- Specialization - the degree to which jobs are narrowly defined and depend on unique expertise
- Complexity - the degree to which mny different types of activities occur in the organization
- Hierarchy of authority - the degree to vertical differentiation across levels of management.