In the last byte, we began our discussion on group decision making. In today's byte, we look at advantages and disadvantages of this process. We shall list down the same here to begin with:
- Greater Knowledge and information due to pooling of group member resources
- Increase acceptance and commitment to the decision due to the involvement of members in decision process
- Greater understanding about the decision as the members are involved in various stages of decision making
- Pressure within group to conform and fit in
- Domination of the group by one forceful member or dominant clique
- Amount of time required - greater than an individual making a decision.
We shall continue the discussion further in the next byte.